Sunday, December 07, 2008

My Hate list

Inspired by a posting on Rock's House, I thought I would post my hate list - the list that determines my rooting interest in every game that doesn't involve Notre Dame.

For example, as much as I hate Florida, the thought of Alabama getting another National Championship made me feel sick to my stomach. So, last night (although secretly wishing for some kind of cataclysmic destruction of the entire stadium) I rooted for the Gators, something I would almost never do.

The following list ranks my relative level of hatred for all of Division I Football Bowl Subdivision. By using this list, you can precisely determine who I will be rooting for in each bowl game this year. The higher on the list, the more I want them to lose. Therefore, there is no possible way I would ever root for Miami. Just won't happen. And if teams in my top 10 play each other, I just root for the proverbial asteroid to destroy the stadium.

The order changes slightly for basketball.

1. Miami (FL)
2. Michigan
3. Purdue
4. Boston College
5. USC
6. Alabama
7. Michigan State
8. Ohio State
9. Florida State
10. Florida
11. Tennessee
12. Nebraska
13. LSU
14. Kentucky
15. West Virginia
16. Pittsburgh
17. Oregon State
18. South Florida
19. South Carolina
20. Georgia
21. Washington
22. Oregon
23-25. Tie: Auburn, Mississippi, Arkansas
26-29. Tie: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois
31-46. Tie: North Carolina, Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina State, Connecticut, Rutgers, Louisville, Cincinnati, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Arizona, California, UCLA, Washington State
47. Texas
48. Texas A&M
49. Missouri
50. Colorado
51. Georgia Tech
52. Penn State
53. Stanford
54-59. Tie: Baylor, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest
60. Mississippi State
61. Arizona State
62. Virginia Tech
63-112. Tie: Non-BCS schools

The teams I don't hate (in order of my love for them):
1. Notre Dame
2. Indiana (alma mater)
3. Navy
4. Army
5. Air Force
6. Virginia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penn State's only at 52? Have you ever lived near their fans? Real assholes.

Wacko said...

The Snow Bowl is, in my opinion, the greatest football game ever played. And I have a strong emotional attachment to that game as well. And they were a long time independent school like ourselves. And JoePa runs an ethical program out there (even if he has been dead for 15 years).

And I've had nothing but positive experiences with Penn State fans that travel to South Bend.

Damn, now that I'm talking about it, I should have dropped them even further down the list.