Saturday, December 02, 2006

UCLA beats the Trojans

After all of the crap Notre Dame got for being taken to the wire by UCLA earlier this season, those mighty Bruins with their stellar defense whooped Peetey and his Condoms, holding them to a mere 9 points.

USC suffered the same letdown against UCLA that we suffered against Michigan - coming off a big win against a bigtime program and traditional rival.

I also love the symmetry of this season, as UCLA learned how to handle the end of game situation after they lost to us in the waning seconds. And that experience game them the poise they needed to close out the game against USC.

There was no way USC deserved a shot at the title this year after losing to unranked Oregon State.

Now, the BCS gets interesting.

If I was in charge, I'd give the title shot to Florida. (I just threw up a little bit in my mouth)

As I said before, I am not a fan of rematches, and Michigan already had their shot.

That said, it looks like Michigan will get their wish and Michigan-OSU Part Deux will decide the title. (I just threw up a little bit more in my mouth)

Which means that USC will get exposed by LSU in the Rose Bowl, and we will get our Sugar Bowl shot at Meyer and the paper tigers of Florida.

I hate the BCS as much as anyone (probably more), but I gotta say that it does create some exciting late season games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Boise State! They should totally play OSU. -bek