Saturday, October 14, 2006

Indiana 31 #15 Iowa 28


Excuse me for a moment while I bask in the glory of my alma mater accomplishing something during FOOTBALL season.

My Hoosiers, the perennial bottom feeders of the Big Ten, have just beaten a top 15 team at home. A Big Ten contender. And it is - wait for it - their SECOND straight victory in the Big Ten.

This is a young team, and a team without any depth. But I firmly believe that Coach Hoeppner has this team heading in the right direction.

More importantly, a big win like this can really kickstart the recruiting for a team like IU, giving them some additional tools to work with going forward.

Indiana, Our Indiana
Indiana, we're all for you!
We will fight for
the Cream & Crimson,
For the glory of Old IU
Never daunted, we cannot falter
In a battle, we're tried and true
Indiana, Our Indiana
Indiana, we're all for you!

No comments: