Friday, October 14, 2005

Electric atmosphere on campus...

Nothing can compare to the atmosphere on campus this week. The last time I remember there being this much energy and atmosphere surrounding a Notre Dame game was 1993 - Florida State v. Notre Dame. The result: ND breaks FSU's winning streak.

As a student at Notre Dame who is living out a dream I've had for as long as I can remember, the following post on Blue Gray Sky blog has summed up my feelings on this game.

http://bluegraysky.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_bluegraysky_archive.html#112930545761703765

All of the predictions are in, ESPN has arrived (my brother and I rolled out of bed at 7 am to get to campus for the taping of Cold Pizza, the morning show on ESPN2), and rumors surrounding tonight's pep rally and the celebs on campus abound. According to [I'm not making this up] a classmate's sister's best friends professor, who is a friend of the owner of the Saint Mary's Inn, Bon Jovi is staying there. Also, there was a confirmed sitting of Brad Pitt at Recker's yesterday. The current favorites for the pep rally are Springsteen and Bon Jovi performing, with Montana and Holtz speaking.

All that is left is to play the game.

I believe.

1 comment:

Prof. Hannah said...

Hi Neil:

I just had the privilege of watching the ND Pep Rally on the Web - I appreciate Charlie's comments concerning USC - yes, they are dispicable, but they are #1. I wish I could be there live - yell loud for me!