So, I've been tasked with kicking off this year's Irish Blogger Gathering, as we prepare for the Nevada Wolfpack and their Pistol offense for the home opener.
So, in a multimedia extravaganza, we're kicking it off with some general preseason questions, as well as a couple of Nevada-specific questions. Answers to follow.
All aboard the bandwagon, the train is leaving the station.
1. My season preview included music video footage for each position group. What song or video do you feel typifies this year's Notre Dame team heading into the season? Embed a youtube or other similar video if possible.
2. Post a picture that to you portrays the attitude of this year's team and discuss.
3. What do you perceive as the team's biggest weakness heading into the season?
4. With the exception of the 1990s, Notre Dame has won a National Championship in every decade since the 1920s. What are the chances (a) that Notre Dame wins a championship this year, and (b) if not this year, when do you predict the next championship for the Irish?
5. Nevada runs the Pistol offense, Navy the Triple Option, and Michigan the Spread Option. Which offensive scheme do you think is the most difficult to prepare for, and why?
6. Is Colin Capaernick the best quarterback we'll see this year? If not, who is?
7. Prediction time. We have to get on the record before the season kicks off. Give me:
(1) Overall prediction for wins/losses.
(2) Projected bowl game and result.
(3) Predicted final ranking.
(4) Best player on the team.
(5) Heisman trophy winner.
(6) National Champion.
(7) Prediction for Nevada game, including score.
It's gameweek, baby. Here Come the Irish!!!