Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Irish Blogger Gathering: Mele Kalikimaka Edition

With the Irish heading out to lovely Hawaii for their bowl game this year, I've been tasked with hosting the bowl game edition of the Gathering. In keeping with our destination, this Gathering is Hawaii themed.

I'll post the questions now, and my answers a little bit later.

Hele mei hoohiwahiwa. There has been some controversy about the Irish accepting a Christmas Eve bowl bid, as we are a Catholic institution, and many feel that the bowl game will get in the way of celebrating Christmas. Give me your thoughts.

`Onipa`a. The Notre Dame administration has decided to stand by their man and bring Coach Weis back as head coach next year. What specific changes (a) do you think ought to be made in the offseason? (b) do you think will be made in the offseason?

Pupukahi i holomua. What are your expectations for next season?

O ka makapo wale no ka mea hapapa i ka pouli. Also, if we start looking for a new coach next year, who do you think we (a) can get, and (b) would be the best possible hire? (i.e., is all of this Urban Meyer talk hot air or substance?)

`A`ohe lokomaika`i i nele i ke pâna`i. 'Tis the season, so tell me: What is the best gift you are giving someone this holiday season?

Mahalo nui loa na ho'olaule'a me la kaua. What are your predictions for the game? Will the Irish be celebrating on the long plane ride home, or will this be another long offseason of listening to the chatter about our decades-long bowl losing streak?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Even though there were lots of Hawaiian words I didn't understand, I already have my post up over at Bad Trade:

http://badtrade.blogspot.com/2008/12/irish-blogger-gathering-mele-kalikimaka.html